Dental technology has come a long way in recent years, making it easier and more affordable than ever to have the smile you’ve always wanted. In the past, people who lost teeth had to wear uncomfortable dentures that did not fit well. Dental implants are fully functional replacement teeth that look and feel natural.
What are All-on-Four Dental Implants?
All-on-Four is a life-changing solution for those needing upper or lower replacement teeth. All-on-Four dental implants go by many names, such as implant dentures or snap-in dentures.
These implants consist of several key elements:
- Four dental implants in the jaw provide a stable base for a denture that will last many years.
- Four abutments above the gum where replacement teeth will be mounted.
- A row of full replacement teeth.
- Retaining screw to connect the denture to the abutments and implants.
All-on-Four dental implants are more difficult to remove than dentures and provide a patient with permanent teeth. While proper upkeep can make dental implants last a lifetime, dentures will only remain in good condition for about eight years before needing to be replaced.
How do All-on-Four dental implants compare to traditional implants?
The All-on-Four dental implant technique is quicker and has a shorter healing time than traditional implants because it uses four implants for each arch instead of the six to eight used in conventional implants. The implants used in the All-on-Four procedure are also placed at an angle. This placement allows for increased contact and support from your bone. This results in a more stable foundation for your new teeth. All-on-Four implants are not only less invasive but also, for most patients, don’t require bone grafting. In summary, All-on-4 dental implants are a more efficient and cost-effective method that causes less pain.
How Does All-on-Four Work?
All-on-Four is a dental implant procedure that attaches dentures securely to patients’ gums. This system was created to use four dental implants to keep dentures more securely implanted. Depending on the patient, dental implants may take some time to place and might even require extra surgical procedures like bone grafting.
Dental implants consist of three main parts:
- The “root”: In this step, we insert a titanium rod into the jawbone through surgery. The integration process usually takes several weeks before you can move on to the next stage of treatment.
- Abutment: This part of the implant holds the dentures in place.
- False teeth: In this case, a denture plate is used to replace missing teeth, but in other instances, crowns are used.
Once the implants have been placed and have had time to heal, dentures can be affixed to them. And that’s it! A patient’s brand-new set of teeth will now be solid and secure.
On average, the surgery lasts two hours and 30 minutes for both upper and lower teeth. We can put All-on-Four implants in your upper or lower teeth or both at the same time. Dentists may make teeth cleanings look easy, but surgery is complex. However, we can complete it quickly and efficiently.
There are four steps to getting All-on-Four implants:
- Step 1: We will look at many factors before any procedure. These include your records, oral health if you have Dentures, your facial structure, and more.
- Step 2: The procedure generally uses CT scans, which are three-dimensional images of the jawbone. The scans show us where to place the replacement teeth and provide vital data about the position of nearby nerves and sinuses.
- Step 3: We use technology to create a computer simulation of your implants. Doing this allows us to position them into the jawbone before surgery digitally. With custom-fitted implants and new teeth, you’ll have extra support for your replacement teeth.
- Step 4: The last and most crucial step is oral surgery. We will place implants in your jawbone to securely hold your new teeth during surgery. To ensure that you are comfortable, we will provide anesthesia beforehand.
Customized Implant Solutions for Your Needs
We always prioritize our patients’ individual needs and pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible. We understand that the decision to get dentures is big, so we take the time to listen to your concerns and needs before recommending All-on-Four dentures. This way, you can be sure that this is your best solution.
At Roberson Dental, we walk you through your options and ensure you’re comfortable with the choices before moving forward. We know that it can be tough to pick a treatment, and we would never pressure anyone into making a choice. We want our patients to take the time to make a choice that will positively impact the rest of their lives. We vow to make you feel comfortable during every step of the treatment process.